IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Friday, June 22, 2007

Blogwatch: JackArmy - "That Was Some Scary Sh*t"

Milblogger and deployed Hero JackArmy had the best kind of IED encounter recently - one in which there were no serious injuries to our troops:

At this point in time, I was sitting in my truck, settling in for the hour or so it would take for the meeting to wrap up and for us to continue our patrol to another town and other activities. Suddenly, I see smoke and dust billowing out from the row of shops along the front right of my truck and then the truck rocks hard. I knew immediately that it was an explosion, and IED [Improvised Explosive Device], and that I needed to check my people. I heard someone say over the intercom, "what was that?" I answered, "an IED, get in the truck and shut the door!" I ask each guy in my truck if they are alright. Everyone is. Then we hear the IA start shooting
Read the rest, including links to what the MSM had to say about the incident, at JackArmy.

Labels: , , , , ,

|

nocashfortrash.org