IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Operation Thanks For Freedom Update

From Kat:

Another wonderful article has been written about Operation: Thanks for Freedom! This appeared in the Sunday edition of the Gwinnett Daily Post.


Sending letters shows troops your support
04/29/2007
James M. Foote of Buford wrote a poignant
letter to the editor on April 11. He called to task people who claim to support our troops, and presented a 12-point "prove-it" test so people can judge for themselves just how much they are really doing to support the troops.
Read the rest HERE.....

(In case the links above don't work, you can read it all on my blog, here: http://crazynightinga.blogspot.com/2007/04/operation-thanks-for-freedom-in-news.html)

I don't have an "exact" number to update everyone with of the cards collected so far - I'm still in the process of reading & counting them. My guesstimation is that I have slightly less than 400 towards the goal of 5,000 or more. My trip to the post office today again left me walking away empty-handed. However, I know there are folks all over the country working on this and along with the above article, word is getting out, and that will soon change! :) The first 3 weeks are always slow - things pick up exponentially after that. :)

Saturday, I had a booth at a local community festival, Grayson Days. In five hours, all the 300+ cards I'd brought with me were signed, and folks still asking for more! Awesome! Next weekend will be a long one -- I'll be appearing at the Snellville Days festival, which is a MAJOR, two-day event. I anticipate getting SEVERAL hundred cards each day (hopefully, they put our booth in a good spot - that will determine a lot!). Keep your fingers crossed and say a few prayers! --

SEND 4TH OF JULY CARDS TO SOLDIERS IN IRAQ - ASK ME HOW!http://crazynightinga.blogspot.com/

Labels:

|

nocashfortrash.org