IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, March 01, 2007

I Never Meant to Be a Hero


I never meant to be a hero.

Raised my right hand to fight for our land,

To serve with honor and to serve with pride,

For my people I would give my life,

But, I never meant to be a hero



Now I walk in this land,

Boots covered with sand and weapon in hand,

I ask Why?

Why give up my girl, my life, my world?

For a country so dark, so desolate, so grim,

Filled with sin and hate for my men.

Why would I want to be your hero?



But, then I realize, as I drive by,

Why!

I see you run as fast as you can, across the hot sand,

No shoes on your feet, just to greet,

Me!

I see the huge smile on your dirty little face,

as I race across your land, you extend your hand,

Your thumb raised high, towards the sky,

I then realize, Why?

Because, I am your Hero!



-- by Micah, an American Soldier (and our Hero, too)




Thanks to Lori for sharing this.

Labels: ,

|

nocashfortrash.org