IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Support Our Troops Day, March 26th

Here is one Michigan teenager who knows how to support our Heroes:

My name is Alexandra Lynn McGregor and I am a junior at Waterford Kettering High School. Everyday I get to enjoy the freedoms of living in the United States of America. I can freely live the life I choose to live because there are women and men fighting all over the world, to protect me and everyone else around me.

In honor of the people who fight for me, I would like to hold a national "Support Our Troops Day" on March 26, 2007. On this recognition day I would like to think about the people who are fighting for us right now. All the soldiers around the world who fight for us everyday deserve a lot of recognition for everything that they do for us. They spend days, weeks, months, years, and lives, protecting us from the hardships of issues going on throughout the world. Our soldiers not only protect us in big issues such as the war in Iraq but they also protect us from things that could erupt into wars. These men and women do so much for ou r nation, the least we could do is thank them. You do not need to support the fighting going on in Iraq but please realize that our soldiers do much more than that. That is why I am coming to you for support for this event.

This event would not be hard to achieve. My goal is to get the whole nation involved in a moment of silence for two minutes. At 6:00 PM Eastern time, we would stand in silence thinking about how much they do for us. The whole day would be to thank the soldiers but the only thing expected would be that single two minutes of silence. Also, if you are able to attend I am asking that you could bring a gift of support to send to the soldiers (gum, movies, USB's, etc.)

We would love to have you attend but if you can't:

a. Ask your family and friends to support our troops by taking 2 minutes out of their day on March 26, 2007, at 6:00 PM Eastern Standard time.

b. Help spread the word, we would love to have hundreds of people at this event to honor our troops

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I hope you will support this event and make it a day of recognition for our soldiers. Please contact me if you are interested in helping make this event a success...

Sincerely,

Alexandra McGregor


You are cordially invited to

The Candlelight Recognition

To Support our Troops

March 26, 2007 6:00 P.M.

At Waterford Kettering High School

By the Flag Pole
R.S.V.P.

Alexandra McGregor



If you are interested in helping with / attending this event, I do have contact information for Alexandra; just email me.

Labels: ,

|

nocashfortrash.org