IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

From a Proud Military Spouse

Received via email on January 5th:

I am the woman that was fired for taking an already approved absence to see my husband off to Iraq Oct 16 2005.

I just wanted to let you know that my husband has returned from his tour of duty Dec 23rd 2006. He is right now finishing his demobilization at Camp Atterbury in Indianapolis. Tomorrow will be his last day and there will be an awards ceremony where he will receive a purple heart for injuries received in an IED accident.

My reason for writting this is to again thank those who supported my family, during the time I lost my job. And also to ask that you not forget the brave men and women who volunteer to put their lives on the line for our country. After picking up my husband the 23 rd and spending 10 days with him before he had to return to demob, talking with him made me realize just how very important it is to our soldiers to know that the people back home care and are not forgetting about them. They very much believe in what they are doing over there. And the things they sacrifice to do this job, is unimaginable to most of us.

Losing my job to be with him when he left is nothing compared to what he has been thru, what they all go thru. And these things will forever change them!!!

I am so very proud of my husband and even after being injured he wants to reenlist this year when his time is up, and is willing to go do it all over again.

Please always remember them with your support and remember the ultimate price that some have paid. Shine light on their accomplishments, and remember the fallen in the stories you write and tell. They have certainly earned that!!

Sincerely
Suzette R Boler
|

nocashfortrash.org