IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Wishes for Our Heroes



Merry Christmas
(click the holly above for a musical Christmas wish)



Holidays, especially Christmas, seem to mean so much more to me in recent years - and I seem to value them for the right reasons. It isn't the day off of work, presents, or food. It is the chance to be with friends and family. The chance to celebrate as I choose, in freedom. I always seem to be greeting each holiday with an appreciation for those who are passing the day far away from home...in tents, or on patrol, or taking a well-deserved rest. And I think of those in future holidays will be represented in an empty chair, an unused plate, a silent moment, a falling tear. Holidays, now, come with a much keener understanding of who it is that ensures that I can celebrate them.

Since becoming a Soldiers' Angel, I have often been humnbled by the thanks given to me by the troops I am fortunate to have come in contact with - the letters and packages I send seem, to me, to be very small gifts. There is no amount that I could send that would equal the gift that our Heroes give, every day. Some pay a price that I wish none would have to.

The time I have spent shopping, making packages, writing, blogging, reading "free mail," and anything else I do to support our troops has made me a better person. It is almost unfair - I've gotten far more out of this than I think I can ever put in. I am honored, and humbled, to have had the chance to come to know Heroes.

To all of my adoptees - to Christian, Henry, Mike, Clif, Phil, Marcos, and Todd, all safely home, to Steven, Omar, and Janette, still in harm's way, I thank you for the gift of having been able to make your acquaintance, and for all that you do, every single day. To all of our troops, and their families, I am in awe of all that you do for all of us.

To those deployed, I wish you a peaceful Christmas Day, filled with laughter and celebration, free of all that many of you see far too much of already. I wish you time to enjoy gifts and mail from home. I hope that you all know how close you are in the thoughts and prayers of both your families, and those whom you may never know, but who think of you often.

To all who have served, thank you. Whether anyone has said it or not, whether you believe it yourself or not, you are a Hero.

To all who support our Heroes - thank you, too, for all that you do. To Patti, to Sara, Eileen, Elaine, Joanna, Dave, and all the Soldiers' Angels, to bloggers who tirelessly do what they can - you all are an inspiration.

Be it Christmas, Hanukkah, Solstice, Kwanzaa, some other holiday, or just a nice day, I wish you the best.

-- Pam


Below you will find some messages from some other folks for this day:



To my dear Lucas,
Have a safe and happy Christmas and the silver lining is seeing your little one when you get home.

Travis,
My best wishes for your safe return home early next year (only weeks away). Its been a pleasure being your angel.

To my new adopted, Edward and James. I do hope I can make your time away from home easier to deal with. Welcome to Soldiers Angels!

xoxo,
Angel Janice





The Cavadias Family wishes our troops a joyful Christmas and a peaceful New Year. We know it must be difficult to be away from friends, family, and your home. Because of your courage and dedication, you are bringing about positive changes to some places that really need it. We pray for your safe return and may God bless you as you put yourself in harm’s way to protect the freedom we enjoy at home.

Marian Cavadias
Independent Rep

Stuff A Friend



To all United States Armed Forces:

We have you in our hearts and prayers this holiday season. Thank you
for all that you do for us, our country and the citizens of the world. You are
simply the best!

Your friend,

Leo T. Flynn
Charlotte, NC
USA







Hello,

Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas!!!
May God bless you all and keep you warm and safe this holiday.

Sincerely from a VietNam vet's wife in Florida,
Carmen Dearing



Merry Christmas Dear Soldiers!!!

Hi, my name is Debbie and this is my daughter Jessica and we and my husband Steve, want to wish you a very Merry Christmas

May you come to know the fullness of joy that is only found through Christ Jesus, the reason for the season. If you look to Jesus, your season will be bright!

Thank you dear soldiers for all you are sacrificing to do on behalf of this great country and for the people of this nation!

My heart swells with pride when I see our men and women in uniform!

Love to you all,
Matthew’s Soldier Angel - Debbie







I would like to wish all of our service people, both deployed and stateside, a safe and Happy Holiday. Thank you all so much for being dedicated to the greatest cause on earth. Freedom! Your sacrifices do not go unnoticed. Without you, all is lost. God Bless Our Troops.

Colleen,
Soldiers Angels





Merry Christmas, Jonathan

I know it's killing you looking at your presents under your little Charlie Brown Christmas tree there but hang in there!! You haven't torn into any more boxes have you?? You said that you wouldn't...please stay safe. Christmas here won't be the same without you.....Your Angel, B.


Dear Heroes,

I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!!! I know it's hard being away from your families and friends, and I applaud you for doing such a great job!!!

You're awesome!!!!

Thanks for your Service, I sure do appreciate it as well as many others here :)

Cindie from KS


Thank you troops! I am currently a teacher in California. I provide my class an avenue to writte letters to the troops through Soldier Angel. Our fourth grade class now knows about the war and the importance of the job you are doing in protecting our country. The students now say the pledge of alligence with a solemn pride, knowing that they are respecting America and our soldiers. God bless you all , and Merry Christmas!

Barry McPhee,
Newport Beach, CA





Thank you for your service and sacrifice, particularly this time of year. Although you may be away from your loved ones, please know that there are lots of us thinking of you and appreciating all that you do each day. Whether or not you celebrate Christmas, the Christmas story is a reminder to me of what you’re doing there. Christmas is a story of a father who gave the ultimate gift; a story of a man born into a life of sacrifice; and a story of joy brought to the world over by one man. Similarly each one of you is giving on behalf of our nation, the nation(s) in which you serve(d), and whether or not it’s recognized or appreciated at this moment in history, nations around the world, the greatest gift one could give – your service and sacrifice on behalf of others’ hope and freedom. Each of you as an individual, one man, one woman, is contributing to something on behalf of total strangers there and back home. To call it noble would be a gross understatement. While you may envy us home, know that some of us here wish we were half the man and woman each of you are, and covet the opportunity you’ve had to be a part of something so important, meaningful, and honorable. My words cannot bring you the taste of eggnog nor the touch of loved ones missed; but I hope that they at least remind you that millions of us stand silent and invisibly beside you each day; our thoughts of you surround you on your missions and lift you up from those down times; and most of all, that these words express our eternal thanks and praise.

Happy holidays and thank you from one who sits in your shadow and thinks in awe of how amazing each of you are for all that you! We’ll be thinking of, and thankful to, you now and forever.

Justin



May you find a moment's peace knowing there are Angels back home watching over and praying for you... Thank you for being our Heroes! We love you!!!

*hugs*

Jackie Mason
Soldiers' Angels
LWT Team Leader
Proud Marine Mom to Joel
Angel to Hero Trenton
Princess to Hero Jeffery
Epal to many Heroes

miss-behavin--behavinasusual.com

God Love our Soldiers... I am here because they were there.


Keeping all who serve, and their families, in my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. Thank you for all you do to defend the gift of freedom so far from home.

Warmest Wishes

Soldier Angel Robin
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE





To our deployed men and women: I'm sorry that you have to be far from families and friends over the holiday season but hope that you know how very many people back home are grateful for your service and sacrifices. Sending you best wishes for safe and peaceful holidays and a speedy return home. Thank you for being our heroes.

Sara, Proud Army Mom of Dan in Iraq and Soldiers Angel



I would like to say Happy Holidays to all the soldiers and THANK YOU for all that you do. Stay safe and come home soon.

Jean Leaman
Soldiers' Angel



Dearest Soldiers,
I want you to know how much we all are thinking of you. Knowing that you are away from your families and missing them and how much they are also missing you. Please know how grateful we are for all that you do. Each andevery one of you, no matter what you are doing over there, are all important to the mission. You are in our hearts and we send you so many blessings and thanks!

Therese Lott
Virginia Beach VA





Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all our service members stationed around the world. I thank you all so much for your courage and patriotism. I am proud that we have such dedicated men and women serving our country.

May God bless you always.

Tracie H.
Connecticut
A member of Soldiers’ Angels



My thanks and prayers go out to EVERY member of the Coalition forces, and their families. My thoughts and love are with you all as you spend this holiday season away from your families and loved ones.

Thank you and God bless ^j^

Brat



Happy Holidays to all the Heroes of the Armed Forces. I saw a quote the other day and it really stuck with me. "The only two defining forces that have ever offered to die for you are Jesus Christ and the American G.I." You people rock!!!!!

Have as Merry of a Christmas as you can have and know that America appreciates the sacrifice of you and your families. God Bless you.

Mike Smith
Mentor

Evoice Team Leader
Soldiers' Angels



|

nocashfortrash.org