IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Monday, August 07, 2006

Must-See Blog of the Day - SA Germany

I can't say enough about all that SA Germany does for our wounded Heroes. In particular, I owe MaryAnn big-time for the day out she gave one of my adoptees who was there for surgery. One email, and MaryAnn was right on the case, making sure he had a chance to get off base and have a wonderful time. Just one of the many ways that MaryAnn and the Germany contingent of Soldiers' Angels go above and beyond to let our Heroes know we support them.

And over at the SA Germany blog, there a couple of posts you won't want to miss:

It's Called "Decompressing"
Take about 40 troops awaiting medical evaluation in Germany, a bunch of steaks, hamburgers, and ribs, lots of side dishes, and 3 shopping carts full of ice for the liquid refreshments.

Mix well and you've got the perfect cure for a boring Sunday afternoon in medical hold. Carried out purely for medicinal purposes, of course.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

View the story here


**********************************


The Oasis
'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns
And the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay
I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places.
- Garth Brooks

Pics of the dive near the barracks where we hang out.

Click Here
|

nocashfortrash.org