IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

From the Heart of a Hero

I have a girl, she's still at home
Location Sheboygan, Wisconsin
It doesn't matter where she is
I just know she's not here
My memories are strong and true
But cannot be replaced
The joy I feel when she is near
Will never be erased
Sometimes the need to hear her voice
And know that all is well
My mind can think of nothing else
I do not mean to dwell
Unless you have been in my shoes
This pain I can't convey
To know she's safe, and feels my love
You worry, night and day
Emotions run both hot and cold
You feel both pride, and fear
Her bravery, beyond my scope
Of this, we seldom hear
The news will show destruction, death
It cuts me like a knife
It never shows how brave we are
To sacrifice our lives
How even though we still felt fear
To battle we did go
We fought for something that was true
The freedom that we know
Unless you've lived the otherside
This freedom, we can't see
How blessed we are to have the choice
Of what we want to be
So when you pray, remember me
Marines who died for freedom
For they stand guard at heaven's gate
When you arrive, you'll see them
My girl, I long for your presence
To touch your dear, sweet face
To hear your laugh, look in your eyes
And feel your strong embrace

-- Kevin S.



Kevin, thanks for sending this, and for all the sacrifices you and your loved ones make for all of us.


Please do not repost or reprint without permission
|

nocashfortrash.org