IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Why We Call Them Heroes - SGT Zepeda

Many of you first met SGT Gil Zepeda through this post about his efforts to provide much-needed shoes to children in Iraq.

The SGT is home now, but has by no means taken a break from being a Hero. He is now working to raise funds through Avon's Walk for Breast Cancer:

WHY?!?!...Because I Can!!!
Today is July 05, 2006 and I've taken on a challenge to raise $$ for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. On the 16th and 17th of September, I will participate in a 40 mile walk over the course of 2 days but I need your help and that of many many more. I am to raise a min. of $1,800.00. However, the personal goal I've set is for $50,000.00. How can this be achieved. I ask that you read my personal message and goal plan. Together, just like Soles 4 Souls, you can help me help others by achieving this goal.


There are two ways to donate:
1st: You can donate online when logging on to my personal webpage.

2nd: I can forward to you a donation slip along with an envelope that you simply fill out and mail in. With the help of many, Soles 4 Souls was a huge success. Help me to do the same with a contribution ($5.oo, the cost of a Starbucks coffee, the cost of a Fast Food Lunch) towards my goal. I Thank You and appreciate all you have done and continue to do in supporting me and believing in my Visions, Goals and Dreams

Click here to visit my personal page.

If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?px=2682469&pg=personal&fr_id=1220&s_tafId=160252

******************************************

I put my donation in this morning. It's quick and easy - you can even give yours in memory or honor of someone you love. Please help Gil raise the $50,000 he's set as a goal - donate, forward information, link or trackback - whatever you are able to do.

Thank you.
|

nocashfortrash.org