IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, July 20, 2006

My Two Cents: Gratitude Attitude

Here's a little multiple choice question:

So, you travel to Lebanon, in direct opposition to U.S. State Department warnings, which tell you that if you go there, you go at your own risk.

Oddly enough, it turns out to be a dangerous place - who'd have figured that State Department warning - "travel at your own risk" - meant that things were actually dangerous? War breaks out, and you decide to get out of there. The United States gets you safely out of there, waiving the fee for your passage, a requirement when you need to evacuate from a warzone you were warned against going into.

Do you...

A) Gripe about the fact that your escape ship isn't luxurious enough?

B) Gripe that it didn't happen instantaneously?

C) Claim that it's all George Bush's fault, repeat misinformation from a biased Hezbollah perspective, and whine about the fact that Israel is horrible? (in an interview on Fox News)

D) All of the above






If you said, "D," you are, sadly, correct.

Oh, and by the way, it's not just American's we're evacuating, now, it's people with ties to Americans.

Your tax dollars at work, folks.

As I said in an email this morning,

"When I traveled to Europe several years ago, I specifically checked out State Department warnings, and did not travel to areas where there was a warning issued telling me that I traveled at my own risk.

Oddly enough, I thought that I should take responsibility for myself, and not travel to areas my government advised me not to.

Go figure.

Apparently, personal responsibility isn't a high priority in this day and age, with rampant liberalism and relativism running unchecked.

Hearing the interview with the evacuee who basically said that it's all George Bush's fault, Israel is horrible, boo hoo, waaaaah, just really frosts my cookies. He sounded like a Hezbollah public service announcement - repeating what was no doubt Hez's propaganda - "maybe 5 Hezbollah have been killed."

You don't like the travel arrangements? Find your own.

The U.S.S. Free Ride has sailed. So have the U.S.S. Something for Nothing and the U.S.S. It's All About Me."

Labels: , ,

|

nocashfortrash.org