IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Friday, June 23, 2006

Soldier On

Bill Klaas sends this poem (HOOAH, Bill!)



Soldier On
She hangs in the still or flutters in the wind
Her thirteen strips and fifty stars raise my chin
Symbolic of patriotism she drapes our caskets
I pledge my allegiance and I soldier on

Blue at the shores and red in the heartland
From the strong to the frail we serve and protect
The home of the free because of the brave
I am color blind and I soldier on

Two brothers of evil are now departed
Thanks to us their dad resides in jail
We've taken the wind from their sail
I'm so damn proud and I soldier on

They'll shoot you dead or dismember your head
All in the name of Allah
No more mass graves to mark the landscape
Period . . . Dot . . . Bingo and I soldier on

From the misguided media to the defeatist elite
Who should we trust to guide us?
Critics galore yet free on our shores
May liberty prevail and I soldier on

Bill Klaas
Aurora, CO
Copyright 6/20/06


|

nocashfortrash.org