IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Friday, June 16, 2006

I Think I'm on a Roll...

The Merry Moonbat

I met a Merry Moonbat
As I checked out at the store
(I was buying “soldier stuff
as many times before)

That “Keebee shirt,” the moonbat said,
You’re one of those, I see
Well let me tell you how things are
You just pay heed to me:

That Iraq War is so unjust
We never should have gone
We’ll never win – we should just quit
It just goes on and on.

There’s nothing good we’re doing there
And it’s a civil war
And most Iraqis just don’t care –
They’re worse off than before!

Afghanistan, I get, I guess
That 9/11 thing
But what more good can our troops do
What benefit can they bring?

You milbloggers think you’re so bright
But you’re just spinning lies
The war’s for oil – cooked up by
Bush’s oil-buddy guys.”

“Are you done now?” I asked him then
“Do I get time to speak?”
“Well go ahead,” the Moonbat said
“You warmongering freak.”

I took a breath and raised my chin,
And looked him in the eye
“You Moonbats have it wrong, you know
And here’s exactly why:

What about Saddam’s crusade
To trample out the Kurds
What about the no-fly zone
The shooting at our Birds?

What about the schools we’ve built
The water and power plants
What about the lives we’ve saved –
Omitted from your rants

What about sweet freedom’s gift
And purple fingers raised
What about the right to vote
The same thing that you praised?

What about Al-Qaeda’s ranks
Who still conspire to kill
For islamofascist rhetoric
And mal-adjusted thrill?

What about this country’s right
To guard its liberty
It’s bought by military might
For folks like you and me

You all say you support the troops
But don’t support the war
Well how many of those heroes have
YOU given money for?

How many have you thanked today?
How many do you know?
How many have you written?
The tally is “none,” I know.

The War on Terror’s not a joke
It’s not a game or ploy
And Heroes’ hearts are just not yours
To use as your own toy.

Bad stories like at Abu Ghraib
Is all you ‘bats can see
But I post stories every day
Of Heroes o’er the sea

Who work, and die, and sacrifice
To serve their country proud
Maybe, just once, it would be nice
To hear “Thanks” just as loud

As you all spit out epithets
And spin your Leftie trash
Maybe try some gratitude
Instead of moonbat mash.”

It was clear there was no middle ground
For the Moonie-bat and me
And as the talking downward wound
He finally said, “I see –“

You milblog folks won’t get it.”
And, leaving, doffed his hat
“That logic thing, you always sing –
Now what’s the use of that?”


-- Pam, 6/16/06
|

nocashfortrash.org