IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, May 18, 2006

We Have a Winner...

It is perhaps fitting that the copy of "Blood Stripes" I offered for the first correct answer to this month's "Where Am I?" is going to a Marine:

GySgt. Charles G., USMC (Ret.) correctly guessed that I am...

In Chicago, Ill. The Illinois National Guard has been hit hard and stood tall.

Thank you, Semper Fidelis

And as if being a Marine, and this month's winner, wasn't enough, the GySgt. is also a member of a pretty impressive group of motorcyclists (grrrr - FAR too much rain for me to take mine out lately). Check out the group at:

www.txleathernecks.com

For more information on the clues I gave this month:

The Marine Corps first African-American female combat pilot:
Marine Capt. Vernice Armour

“Alpha” Company, 1st Battalion, 178th Infantry

US Army PFC Manuez Perez, Jr.


Thanks to all who submitted their guesses, and congratulations, Gunny.


UPDATE: Two of the folks who guessed incorrectly on the "Where Am I?" pointed out that Cpt. Armour calls Memphis, TN home. In my own defense, I did say I was in the birthplace of the first female African-American Marine pilot....However, as I told them, it's unwise to argue with people who outrank me. And I'm a pure civilian, so that's...well, pretty much everyone who works in or with the military. So, as a thank you, I'm going to send copies of the book to Larry B. and Dean O. as well - thanks for all you have done for people like me.
|

nocashfortrash.org