IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Monday, March 06, 2006

Some Things Never Change...

Michael forwarded these two pictures....one from his tour in Vietnam, and one from Sgt. M, one of the 359th Transportation Vets' adopted heroes.

Pam:
Here's a contrast (38 years). Myself, I don't see a whole lot of difference. I see mud. I see very far from home...

...On my truck you see 240QM. The 359th moved under the 27th Trans Bn after I left. I find these pictures astonishingly similar. My picture was taken on top of Mang Yang Pass in the heart of ambush alley (QL19), summer 1968. [Sgt. M]'s was taken a couple of days ago.


Michael's picture



Sgt. M's picture

And there are so many other things that never seem to change - long hours, not enough pay, great risk, and consistently going above and beyond in defending freedom for others. Then, as now, we are so blessed to have such Heroes in our midst.

|

nocashfortrash.org