IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Message from a Hero

Dear Soldier Supporter-

I am the Battalion Chaplain of the 37th Engineer Battalion (Combat)(Airborne) attached to 10th Mountain Division. You may remember sending some packages, letters, or cards to me when I was in Baghdad, Iraq last year with the 2nd Battalion, 8th (US) Cavalry of the 1st Cavalry Division. A lot of you wanted to know when and if I ever deployed again. Well, I'm deployed again, but this time to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom VII. You sent us great stuff last time and I wanted to give you another opportunity again, if you chose to do so.

Our mission here is very different. We have much more contact with some local people and there are many opportunities to help the people of Afghanistan in a real way. My soldiers are doing a great job, and I wanted to see if we couldn't all help them out.

I just wanted to say that even if you don't help this time that it meant a lot to us when you did.

So thank you again.

CH (CPT) Tim Maracle
HHC/37th Engineer Battalion


If you would like to write to Captain Maracle, please email me for information.

And to help other Heroes like the Captain, please visit Soldiers' Angels.
|

nocashfortrash.org