IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Saturday, March 11, 2006

An Important Message from Holly Aho

An Email and a Challenge
I received an email this morning from a soldier in Iraq, and this soldier humbles me with his dedication and generousity. This soldier was searching the internet, looking for information to contact one of his injured soldiers now at the Landstuhl hospital in Germany. In his internet search he found my book website, and out of curiousity started to read. He says, "I think what you are doing is great, for the soldiers and for the families.
I read the first few pages you have posted and was hooked..."

He read about the Reaching From Here To There program, and said this - "I'm currently in Iraq and would like a copy of your book. What I would like is an autographed copy from you. I'll give you $100 to help cover the costs for my book and the balance for books to other soldiers who are over here on the waiting list.

Thank you for your support of all the service members here in Iraq."

Now, here's my challenge to you...

This soldier has earned a copy of the book as a gift, earned it with his hard work and sacrifice. They all have, which is why this program is in place. These soldiers are requesting the book for something positive and encouraging to read, and they feel it's so worthwhile they want to pay to provide a copy of the book to fellow soldiers. I'm challenging my readers to donate the $100 that this soldier wants to give, to purchase this soldier's book and the books this soldier wants to provide for his fellow soldiers.

You can see how important this is to this soldier, how he's willing to give, instead of receive. For him it isn't just something to request for free, it's something to invest in for others. This soldier and the many like him are why we call them heroes. It is why we support them and are honored to do so. Let's honor his generousity with our own, and let him know we'd like to provide the book as a gift so that he doesn't have to.

You can purchase the book for a soldier on the waiting list here.


I purchased one this morning
|

nocashfortrash.org