IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Monday, March 20, 2006

Can You Help Locate These Heroes?

Forwarded by Seamus:

My father had fifteen, eight by ten, black and white photos stored that no one in my family knew about. The photos are WWII soldiers. My siblings and I believe it was our father's intentions that one day he may contact the families of these soldiers and give them the photo of their loved one.

My father passed away last month and the photos were found among his personal possessions.

I have contacted the Veteran's Affairs and today I received a letter telling me unless I know the state these soldiers were from, there is no way the families can be located due to the amount of troops there were in WWII. They suggested using the Internet.

Below are the names of these soldiers.

My fathers name was Frank S. Krolikowski,
His nickname (The mad Pollock),
He went into the Army in December, 1942.

He took his basic training at Fort Sheridan, Illinois. He served through November, 1945 and was released
at Camp Campbell, Kentucky.

He served in Rhineland, Central Europe.

He many times spoke of his "Army buddy, Herman." There is a man by the name of Herman among these photos.

I believe there could be children of these soldiers or grandchildren or a living relative.

I and my siblings would like to have the families receive the photo of their loved one who served during WWII.

Or if the soldier is still living, I would like them to receive their photo.

Passing this email on may open the door for finding these soldiers families.

If anyone knows anything about anyone listed on the list below, please contact me by email.


List of Soldiers:

George Schroeder Sept. 1942

V. J. Parr Aug. 1943

George Harris July 1942 - July 1945

Dr. F. L. Mitlinos Sept. 1942 - Sept. 1943

Forrest J. Poole Sept. 1943

Joe Eule Aug. 1942 - Jan. 1945

Al Wish Aug. 1944

Harry "Abie" Levine Oct. 1942

Herman Weiner Nov. 1942- Oct. 1944

Harry Paskow Aug. 1941

Gordon J. Engelbrink Feb. 1944

C. J. "Olsen" Olszowski June 1942 - Aug. 1945

Albert Kamm Aug. 1942- - Dec. 1944

Wilford L. McHugh Feb. 1943

S.J. "Butch" Plas Oct. 1942

These dates and names are on the photos.

Thank you,

Sharon Bryant
Daughter of Frank S. Krolikowski


If you can help Sharon locate these heroes, please email her.
|

nocashfortrash.org