IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wings of Hope

One of the hardest things to do with your adopted Hero sometimes is to get them to tell you what they'd like you to send. Specific requests are rare - and amazingly enough, they usually spend a whole lot of time thanking YOU for thanking them...

And when you do finally get a specific request, sometimes it's completely humbling.

This is a message from my adopted Airman:

Dear Pam,

Just received your latest card today. Thank you again for really the time you put into these, not only for myself but all the other soldiers/airmen you help out. I did manage to get a personal letter out to you, hope you receive it soon and well. You always ask me if there was anything particular I could use....and I have come up with something I could use a little help with. I have started a little program here for local schools and children/families who do not have much. I have traveled the base asking for the units to donate what ever they can spare as to school supplies and things they think kids would want. I am mostly focusing on school supplies and etc, but there isn't much here for us to get ahold of to give to them If you could maybe find some of your friends, neighbors co-workers etc to just think of whatever they think under privileged kids and families might want and need. Just a thought I had, if this is something that you feel is to grand I will understand, just had to ask. Once again, thank you for all the time you put into the letters, cards and packages (I have received all from you and they are GREAT). Take care and be well.

Respectfully,

Philip B.

USAF


So now, I am a woman on a mission.

I'm tentatively dubbing Philip's program "Wings of Hope," and I'm asking for your help. Soldiers' Angels has stepped up to lend a hand, and I'm asking any of you who'd like to help with Philip's efforts to get some much needed supplies to the families of Afghanistan. If you are interested in helping, please email me for details on what's needed and where to send your items.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give. I'll keep you updated.


Phil, you truly are a Hero. Keep your helmet on - take care, and stay safe.
|

nocashfortrash.org