IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year's Greetings

from Willie of Soldiers' Angels Germany

New Year greetings to our American friends

Dear Soldiers and Friends,

I am proud of the work that you are doing. I know this was a choice you made to help a people that could not overcome the oppression alone. When I see joy in the children's eyes, I know it is there because of the hard work and sacrifices each of you have made.

So many young men and women have been wounded in the war against the terrorism in the last years. They all fought for more freedom in our world and to make our world a better place for all humanity. I am grateful that they do, but I am sad that some of them paid such a high price for our freedom. I am thankful that they fought against terrorism. I am very proud of them!

I am glad that the Americans have done so many good things for us Germans since WWII. I remember that my grandmother told me so often that our family was so glad to receive care packages from our American friends. Our great luck was that we were born in West Germany. The Americans have brought us freedom and they have helped us to rebuild our country. In the last 60 years the Americans protected our lives in the time as it was necessary. Over the years our countries have forged bonds of friendship.

Why shouldn't I give something return, if a friend needs me. I am glad that I have the great opportunity to work together with the Soldiers Angels Foundation (www.soldiersangels.com), the founder Patti Patton-Bader (she is the great niece from General Patton) and the Fisher House Landstuhl, Kathy Gregory.

I met Patti in 2003 as I was looking in the internet for information about the Iraq war. A good friend of mine from Forth Biehler, Wiesbaden, Germany went in May 2003 to Iraq to help the Iraqi people to rebuild their country, so I was looking for a way to help. For me a great transatlantic teamwork started, and let you tell you, to build up a new German-American partnership or other friendship around the world is the best.

I am thankful for the opportunity through the Soldiers Angels to support our American friends and soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan with care packages and the wounded soldiers here in Germany, US Hospital Landstuhl with transitional backpacks (www.soldiersangelsgermany.org). They all have given so much for other peoples' freedom.

A great thank you to the Soldiers Angels Foundation and to all my friends here in Germany, Europe and in the United States who give me the great opportunity to do this. I am always glad if I can do anything for my friends.

I will wish all you at home or on a very - unusual place - a prosperous Happy New Year 2006.

God Bless you and keep watch over you.

Our prayers are with you. Keep the faith!!

Very Respectfully

Wilhelmine (Willie) Aufmkolk
International President - Soldiers Angels Foundation

"May No Soldier Go Unloved - www.soldiersangels.org
www.soldiersangelsgermany.org
Soldiers' Angels Germany blog


|

nocashfortrash.org