IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, January 19, 2006

My Two Cents: Bin Laden Offers a Truce

Al Qaeda is now offering a conditional truce (in addition to threatening more attacks, of course) and some of the moonbat crowd is actually saying that we should negotiate.

My immediate thought was of General Anthony Clement McAuliffe of the 101st Airborne, who during the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944, was offered a surrender by German forces that surrounded them. Not because of the surrounding, mind you, but because of the sentiment.

His response, which I like to believe is sanitized for posterity, was

"To the German Commander: NUTS! The American Commander."

FYI, the Americans held Bastogne.

My second thought was of the story of the Turtle and the Scorpion:

A scorpion and a turtle stood at the edge of a river. As the turtle prepared to swim across, the scorpion asked, "Will you give me a ride across?"

"Absolutely not," the turtle responded. "You are a scorpion, and you will sting me before we get to the other side."

"No I won't," the scorpion answered. "That wouldn't make any sense, because if I sting you while we cross, we'll both drown. I want to get to the other side as much as you do. So let's work together, what do you say?"

It took a while, but the scorpion finally convinced the turtle to let him ride on his back as he swam across the river. As they drew close to the opposite shore, the scorpion raised his tail and stung the turtle.

"What did you do that for?" the turtle cried. "Now we're both dead!"

The scorpion just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'm a scorpion. It's what I do."

Bin Laden and Al Qaeda are murdering, vile terrorists. It's what they do. No amount of negotiations and hug-a-terrorist campaigns are going to change that.

Labels: , , , , ,

|

nocashfortrash.org