IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Received Via Email...

Happy Birthday, My Soldier Son

I remember when you were little
And a smile you bring to my face

And now you're all grown up
Seventeen years have come and gone
And I am left with beautiful memories

I don't remember each and every day
I will tell you that you were a joy in my existence
That you made me laugh, and you filled my heart with love.

So now you're off on your own
Making your own marks in life
Here to protect me, instead of me protecting you
In a world so troubled, and in need of repair
For this I thank you.

You've taken the hard road,
a road far less traveled
a road that most would avoid
a road that you know not where it goes,
but still you travel forward

Some people will respect you,
Others will just shake their head
While others will not approve of your road's path
pay them no mind,
just remember that without you
we would not be free to voice an opinion
though it be different from yours and mine
That's what makes this country so wonderful.
And your job so very important.

Happy Birthday, my Soldier Son.
May God bless you and keep you safe.

Love Mom
(proud mother of Private Tom Venet)
Graphic courtesy of Doc's Military and Patriotic Graphics
|

nocashfortrash.org