IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Received by Soldiers' Angels

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Suzette Boler and I am the proud wife of a dedicated soldier in the United States Army. My husband was recently deployed to Iraq, with 18 months to serve.

My reason for writing this letter is to request that you use whatever political power at your disposal to provide our government with, and pass a bill, that would protect our military families during deployments and homecomings in regards to employers, just like that of our Family Leave Act.

I was fired from my job for taking 4 unpaid days off to be with my husband before he left. In my case the 4 days had been approved in writing and then, at the last minute, taken away. I was called at home and fired less then 24 hours after his departure.

The pain of deployment endured by our soldiers and their families is great. To have to worry about losing a job for taking the time needed to spend with a loved one is too much to ask of our military families. I believe that passing a bill of this nature is not too much to ask of our government. It is a request worthy of the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect the very companies that would terminate their loved ones for wanting to be with them before they leave or when they return.

Having been through the pain of being fired for this very reason, I have had the opportunity during my ordeal to speak with many military families that have brought up this very issue. The men and women serving in our military should not have to try to do their dangerous jobs while thinking about how their families are making it back home. I would like to believe that the majority of employers are not like my former employer. Unfortunately from what I'm hearing there are enough of them to warrant action being taken.

With no end in sight for our military being deployed overseas it makes this is a very important issue to our military families. I addressed this letter to "Whom It May Concern". If it has found it's way into your hands I hope you are one of the "Concerned." Please, do not put this on the back burner we need this bill now.

Sincerely,

Suzette Boler
Caledonia, MI

UPDATE: Contacting the members of Congress, the President, the VP, or your state legislators is easy; for a one-stop-shopping website on how to do that, go here: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/
|

nocashfortrash.org