IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Project Valour-IT

A lot of the bloggers involved with Project Valour-IT (myself included), took a step back from fundraising for that project in the wake of the hurricanes.

But Project Valour-IT is still up and running - and in need of your help.

Today kicks off a friendly little blog competition - with teams for the various Armed Services.


From BlackFive

Calling All Bloggers - "Green Light!!! GO!!!"

"At that time I had no use of either hand. I know how humbling it is, how humiliating it feels. And I know how much better I felt, how amazingly more functional I felt, after Soldiers' Angels provided me with a laptop and a loyal reader provided me with the software. I can't wait to do the same, to give that feeling to another soldier at Walter Reed." - Captain Chuck Ziegenfuss at TC Override

Want to be part of something big?
Valour-IT's online fundraising competition begins today! Let's see who can raise the most money to help reconnect our wounded warriors with the world!

WHAT: Friendly fundraising competition for Valour-IT.

WHEN: November 2nd through Veterans Day (the 11th).

WHERE: Based in the blogosphere, spreading everywhere else.

WHY: Because giving wounded warriors with hand and arm injuries access to a computer supports their healing and puts them back in touch with the world.HOW: Blogger teams will be divided along military branches, with civilians "up for grabs."


And every donor during this time gets a Soldiers' Angels Coin!

If you're a civilian blogger (like me) - you're "up for grabs." Pick a branch, and join the fray.

The Army Team is off to a rollicking start, with over $2,500 of the goal of $21,000 collected already!


What Valour-IT Needs From You:
Blog and email regularly about Valour-IT and the competition


Tell your friends, family and neighbors about Valour-IT


Put up these flyers around your community (I put one up at my local Starbucks).

So all you bloggers sign up with your choice of service and get the word out. Donate NOW!!!

The donations are tax deductible, and you can even donate by snail mail if you wish (see here for details.

Visit
BlackFive for details on joining the Army Team, or to donate. Make sure you send your donation via the button on the BlackFive post, so it's logged for the Army Team! Or, if you must, visit the site of the Team leader of your branch of choice, and help to raise their totals. Either way, it all goes to help this great program.

The Navy Team is headed up by Mrs. Smash.


The Air Force Team is headed up by Greyhawk.

And the Marines Team is led by
Holly Aho.

Now, I'm a true civvie, but my father-in-law served in the Special Forces, and all of my adopted Soldiers have been Army, so I've got to go where my heart leads on this one.

Go Army!! HOOAHHH!!
|

nocashfortrash.org