IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Friday, August 05, 2005

Messages to Our Heroes from IWT Readers

Our hearts and minds are focused on your well being. We pray that you will prevail and return home with minimal battle scars and a spirit filled with hope.

God speed and God bless each and every one of you.

Joanne T.,
Miami, Florida


Hey everyone!
My name is Scot Etling and my 9 year old daughters name is Jordyn. We live in Kent, Ohio. For her and me both, in case you don’t hear it enough, thank you for all you do. We at home defiantly appreciate everything that all of you are doing over there. Without you guys there is no us! No everyone agrees with the reasons you are there, but we all appreciate the struggle that you deal with on a day to day basis.

For us at home, sometimes the only news that we seem to get from over there is the bad stuff that we see on the news. Just recently we in Ohio had 20 Marines killed in this past week. They were from Brookpark, Ohio which is approx 35 miles away or so. I don’t personally know anyone in the military but unfortunately maybe it took something like that to get me to do something I have been wanting to for a while. Anyway, It hit everyone in this area hard, as I am sure it does you. It seems like we never hear the good stories or about your living conditions and the day to day lives of you guys. I have to imagine that simply not being at home makes it difficult and then dealing with what you guys do makes it worse.

However, my reason for writing is simple; it is my families hope that we can make things a little better for you guys. I would like to see what you guys might need or want and try to get it for you. We realize that you are a long way from home. I am sure there are some simple things that you guys miss and would like to have. As long as we are aloud to send it to you, if there is something that we can do to make the distance not so far and it is conceivable, I would be more than happy to try to get it for you. If you guys want old newspapers, magazines, letters from kids or just someone to write to or whatever, just let me know and we will try. I can’t guarantee that we can do everything, but I give you my word, we will try…

…Regardless, I wanted you all to know, we appreciate the effort and the day to day sacrifice you and your families are making. I hope in some way I can pay you back for what you have given me and my family. The only request I would make of you, is that if we send you guys this stuff, make sure you us it where needed and stay safe and come home.

Thanks again,

Scot E.
Kent, OH



Hello, It's hot here in Ohio, near cleveland, but i can't imagine what its like in Iraq. I'm resting up from a busy day and planning for tomorrows, I'm a painter. Again thanks for your service to humanity, those that appreciate it and those who don't. I'd be happy to correspond with someone with time on his hands.

Norman K.
Ohio



I sent Scot and Norman over to Soldiers' Angels, to check out how they can correspond with and send care packages to our troops.
|

nocashfortrash.org