IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Turn Down the Radio for Five Minutes...

...and this is what you miss!

from yesterday's Rush Limbaugh show...



Jeff in Iraq On An Angel's Wings
July 19, 2005

RUSH: I have just a fabulous e-mail from a soldier in Iraq that I want to share with you.
Dear Rush, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy listening to your show when I get a chance. Since I am currently stationed at Camp Anaconda in Iraq, I do not get a chance to hear you while I'm here.

I wanted to let you know about someone special. Her name is Darnel and she is my "Angel." In case you aren't familiar with "Angels," they are people that correspond, via e-mail or letters, with soldiers here in Iraq. They sometimes send care packages as well. Shortly after I arrived here, I signed up on a website called "Soldiers' Angels." Within a few weeks, I received an email from Darnel. She wrote that she would be sending me care packages and asked if there was anything specific I wanted. Since then, I have been receiving at least one package every two weeks from her as well as an email or two a week. It is really amazing what some people will do for our fighting force.

Darnel is apparently a big fan of your show. She has mentioned you a couple of times in her e-mails. The last care package she sent included two of your G'itmo t-shirts. She requested that I take a picture and send it to you so that it might get posted on your web page. I thought it was the least I could do for her. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photo. I don't know if you send out promo type items, but if you do, I would be very thankful if you could send something to her.

I am including her information below and trust that you will use it wisely.

Your friend in Iraq,
SSG Jeff Alexander

And, his angel, Darnel, lives in Lake City, Florida. By all means, we'll make sure she gets a care package from the Club G'itmo store and the EIB Store.

Links included in the email:
Visit the EIB Store & Order Club G'itmo Gear... (...Irritate Leftists All Over the World)
Adopt a Soldier... (Soldiers' Angels Home)

P.S., Rush - Thanks for reading that on air, and for getting the word out about Soldiers' Angels.

Jeff, keep your head down, your helmet on, and THANK YOU for all you do!
|

nocashfortrash.org