IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Odds and Ends

Welcome Boortz Readers!
For starters, let me welcome any visitors from
Boortz.com – we were linked there today, as was Soldiers’ Angels, and we’re getting pretty healthy traffic. As Patti put it, WOWZA.

Thanks for the link, welcome, and I hope you enjoy the site.

If you haven’t been there before,
stop by when you get a chance and check it out.


London Bombings:
Thankfully, these look to be far less serious than the ones two weeks ago. It appears that there are minimal casualties, and the London Police may be close to apprehending one of the would-be bombers.


Yesterday’s “Hollywood” Post:
The response to the
poster I put up yesterday has been, well, quite honestly it had me giggling most of the day yesterday. I certainly thought it was amusing as heck; nice to see a lot of other people do, too.

I’ve decided that maybe I should rethink this whole terminology situation – maybe the CBC has it right, and we shouldn’t be calling them terrorists. After all, that might actually imply that they’re, well, terrorists! Since I can’t come up with any terminology for them that doesn’t involve profanity most of the time, I’ve decided to throw it to you, my readers.

Welcome to the first Iraq War Today contest:


What term should we use instead of “terrorist?”

Winner gets glory and a post on the blog – you write it and I’ll put it up for you. Here’s your chance to try your hand at blogging.

Here are the rules:
1. Replacement terms must be PG-rated (‘cause I’ve got to post it), and cannot be racist or otherwise discriminatory (as defined by Federal and State law).

2. Existing bloggers are not prohibited from entering, and you’re welcome to include a link to your blog in your post if you win.

3. Acronyms are acceptable

4. Humor is highly encouraged

5. Winner gets a post, which also must comply with some rules.

6. You are welcome to use a pseudonym for your post. It will be clearly marked as the contest winner’s post.

7. Subject is up to you, with the only exception being the fact that I will not post anything that demeans or insults our troops. You need not agree with my general point of view. I reserve the right to decide whether something is inappropriate for posting, but will clearly advise the winner of what and why in the event I decide it needs to be edited.

8. Winner’s post should also be PG-rated (asterisks allowed), and should not contain racist terminology.

9. Entries should be submitted by Wednesday, July 27th - you can submit your entry in the comments section of this post, or by
email.

10. I reserve the right to amend these rules if needed.
|

nocashfortrash.org