IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Many Lines of Gitmo Dick

From the idiot that brought you such classics as "Gitmo Dick - The Lame Comments," and "Gitmo Dick - Lame Non-Apology," comes the latest installment, sure to be a family classic:

Gitmo Dick - The Inevitable "Right-Wing Conspiracy" Accusation and Military Family Trashing

That's right - your favorite jackass is back.

On the heels of his non-apology, our favorite troop-basher now says that the "backlash from his remarks comparing prisoner treatment at Guantanamo Bay to that of Nazis was an 'orchestrated right-wing attack,' executed through the mainstream media." (Fox News)

And as if that wasn't enough, he also said that Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, a Democrat, didn't criticize Durbin's reprehensible comments because they were reprehensible. Of course not. See, the only reason Daley criticized him was because Robert Novak got to him.

Oh, and Daley was just overly emotional - "extremely sensitive," according to Dick - because his son is a Soldier, and Daley only got Novak's version. Well, Lord knows those military parents can't be taken seriously. It's unbelievable that this turkey is actually implying that Daley's comments can't be given due weight because they have a son that he completely insulted and maligned. Tell me, Dick, is there a BETTER version of the story? You called them Nazis, you moron!

Here's part of what he said to the Daily Herald:
"I embellished a good speech given to me by a staffer on the issue. So I take complete blame for whatever was wrong with those words. It’s not the type of thing, in my business, where you pull over senators, and say, let me read a speech to you. It isn’t done. Nor do I expect them to do that to me or ask me to review their speeches. As I said, and I’ll repeat here, it was a very poor choice words. The imagery of Nazis, Soviets, Pol Pot and the rest of it went way beyond the pale. I thought that I was making a pretty clear reference to an FBI memo, but others did not see it that way. I have said that I apologize for those words and I feel that I should have chosen different words, better words, for that purpose."

OK, stop. 'Whatever was wrong?' Are you kidding me? Oh, but it wasn't really his responsibility, was it? He thought he was referencing an FBI memo - we just misinterpreted him calling our troops Nazis. Silly us.

Moving on...
"But what an interesting reaction, when I think about it, as I look back on a half dozen, twelve words that were used. I discovered, as some others have discovered, what the other side has available that we don’t. They are so well-organized." Yep. We have such resources as gratitude to our troops, common sense...you're right, Dick, you sure haven't got those resources.

This guy continues to prove that his comments weren't ill-chosen words. They weren't a mistake, and they weren't misunderstood. They were intentional slander of our troops, and it's simply not forgivable. This guy needs to hear it, 24/7/52. Every single day. He needs to be held accountable, and he needs to be told, loud and clear, that this is just NOT behavior that the American people are going to tolerate.

Vietnam had Hanoi Jane, and we've got Gitmo Dick. Only this time, let's do it right. This man betrayed our troops, pure and simple. And it needs to be kept right in the public's face until he either has the decency to resign, or is voted out.

More Gitmo Tidbits:
The Gitmo Diet - from Fox News - they're now on Day 7.
CNN Visits Gitmo - pretty much what you'd expect them to say.
|

nocashfortrash.org