IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My Two Cents - A Gift from a Hero

I got a package yesterday in the mail – from Iraq. My friend the M.P. is there – where exactly, I don’t know, and wouldn’t say here at any rate.

Mike is one of my two current adoptees through
Soldiers’ Angels. A really nice guy, he emails every few weeks or so when he has the time. Doing the job he does, that’s pretty darned amazing in itself. But when he sent me an e-card last week, and told me he wanted to send me something, I just had to shake my head.

“I have something for you it is not much but I saw it and I wanted to get it for you.”


“thanks again for everything”


What?

And so, yesterday, my gift arrived. Something for me and for my husband, from a Hero.

And I thought to myself, “This is one of the most awesome gifts I have ever received.” Every time I get a letter back from one of the Heroes I’ve written to, it’s a great day. To find the time to write to me with all they need to do is an amazing feat. But this?

A letter or two weekly, a package every couple of weeks seems so small to me in the face of what they do. Keep my family safe, and stare into the eyes of Hell to serve their country. Astounding.

And I really feel like they don’t make words to cover this, so I’ll just muddle through with what I have.

Thank
YOU, Mike…for everything.

Labels: , ,

|

nocashfortrash.org