IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Milestones

At some point tonight, in all likelihood, we are going to hit 375,000 visitors. Wow.

Also, today I got an email informing me that the Library of Congress wanted to archive this blog (they referenced the original site at http://www.brandonblog.homestead.com), as part of their collection of Iraq War materials.

When Patti Patton-Bader, founder of Soldiers' Angels, asked me to start taking over this blog, she made it clear that her vision for the site was a historical record, a way to make some sort of permanent record of support for the troops, and a record of information on the accomplishments, heroism, and achievements of our fighting men and women. She told me that she felt that the mission of this blog was to let our troops know how proud we were, and to get the positive news out there. Having this site archived in the Library of Congress is a heck of a way to get there, and we're thrilled.

Thank you to all of our visitors, and to all of the bloggers and site owners who have linked to this site. Thank you to Patti for having the confidence in me to let me do this. Thanks to all the bloggers who have served as inspirations to me as I made my first forays into the blogosphere, and continue to provide inspiration.
My husband thanks you all too, 'cause now I can rant here instead of at him!

From the beginning, I've looked at this as part of my personal oath to never again see the troops dishonored as they were after Vietnam, and another way for me to say "thanks." The time and effort I spend blogging is nothing compared to the efforts and sacrifices of those who protect our freedom, but I hope it's something.

I am honored to be a part of this blog, and again, my thanks to you all for being a part of it, too.
|

nocashfortrash.org