IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Fallen Hero

Seamus sends this information on a fallen Marine, forwarded from Master Gunnery Sergeant Richard Zahn -

I just attended the funeral of Ssgt Anthony Goodwin last nite, he is a fellow member of our Rolling Thunder North Carolina Chapter # 5 here at Camp Lejeune.. He will be interned at Arlington today, May 16th at 15:30.. Anthony's wife Kim and his children, daughter Alyssa and son Oury have requested that in lieu of flowers or other donations, for anyone interested to please make donations to the Rolling Thunder NC # 5 Scholarship Fund. As appropriate, the Chapter has unanimously renamed the fund, the "Ssgt Anthony Goodwin Memorial Dependants Scholarship Fund".. Not only is Anthony a brother but he is also a homeboy, his home of record is Mount Holly N.J. where his parents live and his brother Greg now lives in Roebling N.J. The Ssgt was carrying out missions Al Qaim, Iraq..

For those interested, forward donations to:

POW / MIA, c/o Rolling Thunder Chapter 5
115 Spring Drive Jacksonville, North Carolina 28540

Just in case,

The Marines Prayer

Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will.. Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose and deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones and Thee without shame or fear.. Protect my family.. Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm.. Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance.. Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me.. Make me considerate of those committed to my leadership.. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold..

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me the courage to try again..

Guide me with the light of truth and grant me the wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer...



Our hearts go out to the family, friends, and Marine brothers of this fallen hero. Godspeed, Ssgt. Goodwin.

|

nocashfortrash.org