IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Bicycle Ride to Support Our Troops - Update #1 from the Road

Poor John is slogging it out in the heat for our troops - you'll remember from my earlier post that he's doing this ride to collect care package pledges for our heroes. Here is his first post from the road:

God! Is It EVER Hot!!! I'm slogging through temperatures near 95 degrees and a lot of humidity.

Finally got enough sense to take off my shirt. Real good idea for heat exchange. My mode of transportation has been to ride ten miles and then rest for 1/2 an hour before taking on the next ten miles... It makes for a real slow go, but I'm hanging in there. Final stop for today, Wednesday, May 18th, will be McRae which is still another ten miles. I'm dying in the heat, but I'm hanging in there.
|

nocashfortrash.org