IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Friday, April 15, 2005

As you all probably know by now, I get far too verbose to be a good poet. But I know you are out there.

Check this out....
email received from Greyhawk over at the Mudville Gazette:


Milblogger poets - your chance for fame and fortune awaits. I've submitted an entry already. The remainder of this is a forward on behalf of a gentleman with the Hugh Hewitt program.
Greyhawk
______________________________________

The Hugh Hewitt Show is a syndicated center-right political talk show on AM radio in the US. Each month , we drop politics for a segment and do about fifteen minutes on a poet or poetry theme. On April 26 we are planning a segment on poetry written by active duty military. I am trying to contactas many milblogs as I can and get contributions and permission to read them on the air. If I get enough, I am even thinking of trying to get a publisher interested in doing a book. I am looking for everything from hip-hop to lyrics to straight poetry.

Send poem submissions with a short note giving permission to read on the air to:

tarzanajoe@hotmail.com

Also, please pass this e-mail around to as many milblogs and active military as you can. I'm a poet-pundit on a deadline.

Thanks,
Tarzana Joe
(Joe Santi)
|

nocashfortrash.org