IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Monday, March 07, 2005

My Fellow Man

You never saw me dodging bullets
or starving in lush green jungles
tortured or raped,
yet I’ve seen grown men cry.

My only self defense was aspirin
my hunger minor
no one killed before my eyes,
shaded by your courage.

I only understand freedom
as I’ve been told and read
never really felt that I helped in anyway
yet you’ve given it to me.

With blistered tongues swollen
and tears so full of emotion
they moistened your lips
and I hear.

So many struggles in this world
centuries of fallen souls
men, women and children
paved themselves for me.

You’ve done what you’ve had to do
my awe is nothing to your inspiration
nor will I ever forget
my fellow man.


j alex flores…010905
www.jalexflores.com
|

nocashfortrash.org