IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Marine Wonders

I wonder if my young sister is out of kindergarten today?
Heck, I wonder if it is Friday or Saturday?

Did my father get the crops in
or did the rain come too soon?

I hope my girl got the flowers I ordered,
hope they got there for her birthday.

I wonder if she still thinks of me every day,
as I do of her every minute.

Somehow this apple pie does not taste the same,
as the fresh one my mom made.

I remember the basketball games,
when they played the national anthem.

Sometimes I would stand,
just because everyone else around me did.

Other times I would sit,
because I wanted to.

Did I fold this flag right?
Was it thirteen or twelve folds?

The stars are on top.
The colors so bright.

I hope my friend's parents understand,
He died fighting for what he believes is right.

I wonder if I will get home soon,
and wave a flag instead of being covered by one?

I hope my fellow marines did not see me cry,
When I leaned over and told my friend good-bye.


Written by Jose G. Acosta, U.S. Navy Chief
http://hometown.aol.com/veteranstribute/
|

nocashfortrash.org