IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

A Hero Heals - Update 1/11/05

Monday, January 10, 2005, 5:23 pm PST

Hi,
Today Joey walked twice the length of the therapy room. His leg fit fine and didn't hurt so he was able to do twice the walking as last Friday. He had trouble with the hand in occupational therapy. He couldn't get it to fit and it had to be adjusted. Once this was done, he was able to place all the round pegs in the holes and then completely turn all of 50 of them over. He works so hard and is determined to succeed.

I did hear from Peggy Baker today about the nurse and chaplain in Germany. Carolyn wasn't the nurse with the ice cubes but she was the one whom Joey touched as well as the other nurse. The chaplain's name is Warren. I am waiting to get more info of their emails and phone numbers. I want to talk with them in person.

Jayme had her first day at Bethesda and enjoyed it and I started at 8 a.m. helping Joey get ready for therapy. I left at 3:30 p.m. when Jayme arrived. Oh! Joey will be moving from hospital to either the Mologne House or the Fisher House on Wed. depending on what is available. Another great step forward. I don't know how much longer the gov. will allow me to stay; I don't want to leave until after the hand surgery but I will have to wait and see. The flag below is a quilt made by someone at Ft. Bragg. I hung it in Joey's room as I thought it was so beautiful. He was given 4 lap quilts during his stay in room 5761. These quilters who make these quilts for the soldiers are to be commended. There are some beautiful quilts made with love and support from people who don't want recognition. God Bless you and keep praying for us.

Love,
Gail, Joey and Jayme



|

nocashfortrash.org