IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Thursday, November 11, 2004

- "Serving God and Supporting Our Troops"

The Soldier is My Friend
"Dedicated to soldiers and veterans of the U. S. Military"
By: Norma E. Wright, Copyright 2004, normaewright@aol.com, www.thefreedompage.org

I have a friend who may not know or ever call my name,
A friend who may not visit, but I thank them just the same.

My friend is called the soldier who's on duty day and night,
For me to pledge allegiance, they have fought and paid the price.

Where would we be today without the brave hearts who have served,
So we can wave "Old Glory"; so our voices can be heard.

And what would life be like today without the many soldiers,
Who walked into the jaws of death with guns upon their shoulders.

Life would not be as great today, with freedom in our halls,
And we'd live in oppression and great fear would grip us all.

So when you see a soldier, you should thank your God above,
For here's someone who represents the greatest gift of love.

And when you pledge allegiance, you should see a uniform,
Of those who walked through battlefields and weathered many storms.

We cannot take for granted what is takes to pay the price,
And be a U. S. Soldier who has made a sacrifice.

And whether they are fighting on the ground or in the air,
Or sailing on the ocean, we can rest assured they're there.

Oh what a peace it is for me to hear the sound of jets,
Of flying Air Force pilots who have bravely passed the tests.

And what a happy feeling when a ship pulls into port,
With smiling Navy Sailors who were holding down the fort.

Then what a sense of pride I have to see in my hometown,
A soldier in the Army who is serving on the ground.

And then there are the soldiers who are training on a team,
They're proud and they're courageous, the United States Marines.

If you have fought a battle or have lived through several wars,
And freed a camp of prisoners, saved a life or fed the poor.

Or if you've volunteered to go to places I've not been,
I salute you, U. S. Soldier, National Guard and Veteran friend.

For you have made the difference in America today,
And when I see the stars and stripes, I see a soldiers face.

A fearless face of courage lined with dignity and truth,
A face with battle scars or an enlisted face of youth.

And whether you are young or old, still serving or retired,
I live my life in debt to you who's walked through many fires.

I sleep in peace at night because you will defend our borders,
To go where you are needed, you will follow any orders.

So thank you, may God bless you and this country you defend,
This land is what it is because the soldier is my friend.

- "Serving God and Supporting Our Troops"
|

nocashfortrash.org