IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Monday, November 08, 2004

- "Serving God and Supporting Our Troops"

I'll Wave the Stars and Stripes
By: Norma E. Wright, Copyright 2004, normaewright@aol.com
www.thefreedompage.org

For many years we've fought the fight to stand for liberty,
To usher in the plight of those who want our nation free.

They journeyed from the distant shores to live as they would choose,
The pilgrims who could worship God and start a life anew.

The colonies of men were formed and then we saw the states,
United through a common cause to seal our future fate.

For more than all the gold and wealth are freedoms in this life,
The freedoms sewn upon a flag that waves the stars and stripes.

The wars that won the victory, the soldiers in the coffins,
Have made me realize today what I must think of often.

Each night when I have gone to sleep and mornings when I wake,
Give peace and comfort for I live in the United States.

For there is not a soul on earth who knows or understands,
What freedom is until they walk upon our shores or land.

However, what we have was bought and paid for with a price,
A sacred gift of sacrifice, a U. S. Soldier's life.

No matter where you live today, the mountains or the coast,
The desert or the heartland, we have shared the truths we know.

The land that we have claimed as ours was claimed by faithful men,
Who understand that life requires a fight that all must win.

For if we lose to threats of fear then we are frail and weak,
And we're deceived by lies and words that evil men will speak.

But if we wave the stars and stripes, then we must take a vow,
To honor it when others don't in future times and now.

For when I see Old Glory fly, I know I'm safe and sound,
In fifty grand United States, the cities and the towns.

So when I pledge allegiance, know my hand is on my heart,
That's where true freedom lives today and where true freedom starts.

For we're one nation under God; therefore I wave my flag,
Declaring I'm American, in good times and in bad.

And whatever may happen during war time or at peace,
Whenever I can see my flag, I know that I am free.

The voice of freedom must depend on me and then on you,
To honor what will surely stand - the red, the white and blue.

So let's salute the symbol of our freedoms and our rights,
Proclaiming through America, "I'll wave the stars and stripes".




- "Serving God and Supporting Our Troops"
|

nocashfortrash.org