IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Sunday, November 07, 2004

- "Serving God and Supporting Our Troops"

Because of You, I'm Free
"Dedicated to the military and brave soldiers who gave their life for this country"
By: Norma E. Wright, Copyright 2004, normaewright@aol.com, www.thefreedompage.org

Each time I see a waving flag, my eyes see so much more,
The ones who died to save us from an evil at our door.

The Army and the Navy, the Air Force and Marines,
Have paid the price so I am free to live and see my dreams.

The Army Reserve and Coast Guard, always at the country's call,
To serve, protect and help us as they daily give their all.

And though this country still is young; we're strong and we have power,
Because of those who sacrifice, who'll go at any hour.

I call you friend, my soldier, for someone who'd give their life,
Is more than just a friend to me, for you were there to fight.

And fight you have for freedom and the rights we hold so dear ,
You fought so we can live in peace and not live life in fear.

I know there's nothing I can do that can and will repay,
The debt of gratitude I owe when I woke up today.

For when I leave my home today, I know that I can be,
And speak and go where I may want, and that's because I'm free.

This country is so blessed to have the soldier brave and true,
So I salute you now my friend; my hat is off to you.

Because of you I have a choice of where I go to work,
Or where I live or go to school or where I go to church.

I have the right to speak my mind and freedom of the press,
The right to have a weapon or to start a street protest.

But rights and freedoms would not be at our foundation's core,
If you'd not fought the battles and the long and bloody wars.

For those who don't believe in war or going out to fight,
Are those who cannot understand the reasons we have rights.

And those who think that war's a crime and want to live in peace,
Are blinded by the devil's lies, for war has made us free.

We're free today because of you; you've suffered, bled and died,
Not one has ever died in vain for God is on our side.

To thank you seems so incomplete for words cannot contain,
The gratitude that's in my heart for wounded limbs and pain.

The families that you leave at home, the friends you leave behind,
Are proud of you and thankful for the sacrifice of time.

No matter where you go or fight, where you may live or serve,
Please know that there are those at home who mean these grateful words.

Because of you this country lives in freedom, peace and wealth,
And I don't take for granted every battle war has dealt.

Though grateful words are not enough and they can never be,
I'll say what's truly on my heart - because of you, I'm free.


- "Serving God and Supporting Our Troops"
|

nocashfortrash.org