IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Saturday, November 06, 2004

- "Serving God and Supporting Our Troops"

A Letter Down From Heaven
"The Heart of an American Soldier Who's in Heaven Now"
A Special Dedication to Lance Corporal Richard Slocum, who lost his life in Iraq on October 24, 2004
By: Norma E. Wright, Copyright 2004,
normaewright@aol.com,
www.thefreedompage.org

I'm living up in Heaven now; this soldier made it home,
The scenery here is beautiful and I am not alone.

For I am now surrounded by the angels of the Lord,
And living in a mansion that the wealthy can't afford.

But just before I made it in, I walked through gates of pearl,
God's messengers had welcomed me into my brand new world.

And as I walked in through the gates, they greeted me by name,
They said, "You are a soldier and the Lord is glad you came".

"He saw you on the battlefield, the bloodshed and the wounds",
"And God said you were coming so we then prepared more room".

You must know I was overwhelmed at what the angels said,
For there I was in Heaven and my earthly body dead.

But mourn for me no more because I'm happy as can be,
I died to give you freedom; now the Lord has made me free.

And I do not regret the day I bled and died for you,
For I'm a U. S. Soldier; to this country I am true.

Much pain that I endured was long forgotten at the gate,
I suffered not in vain for you and the United States.

The ones who went before me and the ones who'll go one day,
Will not remember battle scars when they have seen God's face.

Our country's worth the fighting and was surely worth my death,
For we were called America to stand out from the rest.

Don't take this life for granted for my death has guaranteed,
That you can live as many can't, to live as you believe.

Support the ones I left behind, they'll fight at the command,
For next to God, they're your best friend, to lend a helping hand.

But really they're not lending, for in all they do they give,
And take attacks and shed their blood, so you, my friend, may live.

So if you're not a soldier, keep a soldier in your prayers,
A soldier needs to know that you're supporting them out there.

For dusty are the battlefields and hot is blazing sun,
But great is your reward when every soldier's race is run.

So be content and know that I am walking streets of gold,
And listening to the angels sing, and safe within God's fold.

My friend, this place is wonderful, a place I can't describe,
And I'll be waiting here for you the day that you arrive.

Now don't forget my soldier friends, as they must carry on,
Until the day their work is done and God has called them home.

I'm glad that I am with the Lord, for He makes life worth living,
Just know a soldier sent to you a letter down from Heaven.

- "Serving God and Supporting Our Troops"
|

nocashfortrash.org