IRAQ WAR TODAY
Keep Your Helmet On!




Be A Part of a Tribute to Fallen Heroes - Help Build the Fallen Soldiers' Bike
Help support the families of our deployed Heroes - Visit Soldiers' Angels' Operation Outreach
Help Our Heroes Help Others - Click Here to visit SOS: KIDS
Nominate your Hero for IWT's "Hero of the Month" - click here for details!
Search Iraq War Today only

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

An Angel Visits our wounded

HI
I just got home! It was a long night. I saw LyVell. he still in infection control. He is also having trouble hearing, but they expect that to clear up. I read a note from Dan and he beamed! I'll let Mike know so that he can email Dan with the return message. I also spoke to his stepmom. It was a nice visit and I left them both smiling. Next to Private Major. He smile when I came in. I think people pop in and out but don't come back. I told him that I got him a case of lemons and will bring it on Thursday. He smiled ear to ear! I promised to remember a knife so they can cut them for him and he laughed. He said his mother was tickled that I stopped just to talk to her. Then he told me about Pres. Bush stopping to see him. He's Mr Cool. Said it was nice but he was tired. He told me that yesterday he wanted to give up. I said he better not and we talked about all the research and advances with spine injuries. He said "Why bother" and I told him that he's important, a hero and worth the time. That made him happy.
Next up to see Phil. Boy was he full of it tonight. Luther (Lou, a nurse) was in there and we carried on. He was in rare form!
Now down to Joe B. I got hugs from all. When Joe came back from recovery, I even got a big hug from him. He remembered me, including name. That's such a good sign! I'm so glad he isn't groggy. He is an amazing young kid. The lieutenant was having trouble with Gail so I left my number to call if she got testy over night. I know she'll listen to me and calm down.

So, that was my night. I wanted to see some others. I think I have a lead on a job for Joe's mom. The civilian HR manager for the base is to call me tomorrow. I just ran out of time. Joey (mine) didn't have his homework done and he was getting tired. The soldiers really like seeing him and I'm impressed with how caring and grown up he can be. Even though I don't always see as many as I'd like. I'd rather spent a little time with them and let them know that I really do care and I'm not just on some routine. I think it means a lot to them that I take the extra time.
I'm beat. I need to email Mike and Debbie ! It feels so good to see those heroes smile.
KathleenIraq War Today
|

nocashfortrash.org